Welcome to A Taste of Chemistry, a resource for high school teachers and students that offers summer workshops, class lab experiments, and science news! A Taste of Chemistry is a joint program run by the Monell Chemical Senses Center and Springside Chestnut Hill Academy, both based in Philadelphia, PA, but its programs, lectures, podcasts, and scientific protocols are available to everyone!
News and Announcements
- The Developing a Taste for Perceptual Psychology program is featured in the December 2012 APS Observer! Please take a look!
- The 2013 Taste of Chemistry Workshop has been canceled.
- Monell is in the news! Check out this article about age and taste!
- Here is an interview with Danielle Reed.
Comments From Previous Participants
- "I learned more in 5 days than I have learned in many graduate level courses...and it was free and tasty! The course was well planned, expertly executed, and will be easily incorporated into my classes"
Kelly Lanutti MS Science, Ancillae Assumpta Academy 2010
- "This is one of the most valuable workshops that I have ever attended...I am going back to school armed with an arsenal of new activities that will engage students of all ages"
Susan Robinson, Head of Science Dept., Germantown Friends School 2011
- "This is the best workshop I've ever attended....My students are going to be soooo excited about science this year"
Judy Foulke Feasterville, PA 2011
- "Dissolve the schools. Let "A Taste of Chemistry" become the new model for learning... one large, quirky, fun bolus at a time. This is the best week you'll ever spend preparing to revitalize your curriculum..."
Anne Brataas, President -The Story Laboratory, LLC; Science Writing, E-Learning and Curriculum Creation, St. Paul, MN 2012